On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 11:20:26 AM UTC-7, ljul...@gmail.com wrote:

> So like companies that sell laptops bought in bulk should be a little bit
> safer than laptops sold by individuals on sites like Craigslist since those
> companies buy the laptops from other businesses which most likely only used
> those laptops for business purposes and not like for Tor stuff, right?

At least on craigslist you know who was using it before I don't think you
are safer with an unknown source. As others have said, new stuff has
vulnerabilities. Various totalitarian dictaorships have full time agencies
working on ways to hack the Intell and amd chips, compromise Tor, you name
it. A used older laptop from a private individual presents a different risk
profile granted but I don't know that it is any better or worse than new or
bulk vendor sourcing.

Just be sure to wipe the hard drive, overwriting all nodes, using Bleach
Bit etc and from what I gather, flash the bios with an open source
bios...assume everything is pawned. Everything...