Recently I went looking for as high as humanly possible anonymity but
quickly deployed.

For a purely hypothetical example, say I have evidence on a prominent
person. Think got mistress prego, mistress no want abortion, mistress gets
bookend to skull, murder cover-up gone awry. So obviously me having said
info, puts me in severe risk of being killed myself. Like full on
conspiracy theory novel/adventure story. The idea is to be as realistic to
the cyber security preparations as possible.

So I pick out an older laptop from recycle, flash the bios and remove any
serial numbers and assets tags, pop in a newer SSD from a different
recycled system (0 purchae records), reflash its firmware to remove serial
number. Source an external wireless adapter with changeable MAC address and
again, make sure no digital serial number. Now I need an OS. TAILS is a
good option, but I saw Qubes used a while back and thought of it.

The idea is to go to a public place with lots of stores/cafes that have
free wifi, but sitting outside those establishments in a non-cctv area but
jacking their wifi, probably using a sharklasers email to get registered
then using a vpn with bitcoin and another sharklasers email and then using
tor above that to then create a throwaway reddit account to browse on
r/gonewild err I mean drop the docs on the bad dude.

However, my concern is, I'm having trouble finding the latest release date.
the listed release schedule makes it look like the current stable release
is over a year old. What is the TL;DR of the state of development of Qubes?