Hello awokd,

Thanks for the answer, I remember seeing that post too. I checked the dom0 log and found that hitting "Cancel" generated the following log:

dom0 qrexec[23456]: whonix.NewStatus+anon-whonix: anon-whonix -> sys-whonix: denied: denied by the user /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/whonix.NewStatus:7

My guess was that the popup was triggered by anon-whonix registering to the sdwdate-gui of sys-whonix. I checked /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/whonix.NewStatus, and it had only one line:

@anyvm    @anyvm    ask

I then added a line "$tag:anon-vm    $tag:anon-gateway    allow" at the top of the file. It seems that this fixed the popup problem. Also, I noticed anon-whonix now appears in the right-click menu of sys-whonix sdwdate-gui icon. I am not sure if this is OK security wise, though. If not, I will try your suggestion and update my Whonix templates from testing repo. Anyway, thank you for the idea which helped me find the solution. Many thanks!

P.S. Sorry for replying to your mailbox, I made a mistake. :(