'noir.virgil' via qubes-users:

> I was hoping someone knew if the GRUB Boot Menu (Legacy BIOS) order could be
> changed.
> How may I boot Xen 4.8.5-7.fc25 and Linux 4.14.74-1.pvops.qubesx86_64
> automatically instead of having to select it in advanced options every time?

I thought there were steps detailing this somewhere, but can't locate.
Anyways:
go to dom0 terminal
awk -F\' '/menuentry / { print i++, $2}' /boot/grub/grub.cfg
sudo grub2-set-default ### [whichever number you want, or the full text
string here in quotes]

Once you get a working kernel or boot options, you can return default to
default with:
sudo grub2-set-default 0

--
- don't top post