Hey,

On 1/29/19 10:33 AM, Patrik Hagara wrote:
> Managed to get rid of the error (and more importantly, the annoying
> artifacts) by forcing Xorg to use the generic modesetting driver instead
> of i915/i965.
>
> Steps (all commands in dom0):
>
> 1) check the driver currently in use (`xrandr --listproviders`), it's
> the last string (should be "name:Intel" now)
>
> 2) create file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf (as root) with the
> following contents (also make sure there are no other files in that
> directory with "Device" "Driver" set to "intel"):
>
>> Section "Device"
>>   Identifier "Intel Graphics"
>>   Driver "modesetting"
>>   Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
>>   Option "DRI" "3"
>> EndSection
>
> 3) restart the X server (eg. using `sudo systemctl restart lightdm`)
>
> 4) use the same xrandr command as in step 1, the driver should now be
> "modesetting" and you should see no errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, nor
> any graphical artifacts

After this procedure, do you get hardware acceleration? In my case, I do
get `name:modesetting`, but I also get these in Xorg.0.log (and no
hardware acceleration, obviously):

[    29.654] EGL_MESA_drm_image required.
[    29.654] (EE) modeset(G0): glamor initialization failed
(...)
[    29.728] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Did you install/remove any packages? Can you share the output you get
from `dnf list mesa* libdrm* xorg*`?

> My hardware (sorry for not mentioning this earlier): Lenovo T480s with
> i7-8650U, no discrete GPU.

I'm on a T490. Will also test on a T470 later.

--
Best