On 2019-10-05 16:42, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 10/5/19 10:35 AM, liked2-mmb7mzph...@public.gmane.org wrote:
Hi!

I found a script to ease the setup of port forwarding, which uses iptables:
https://gist.github.com/Joeviocoe/6c4dc0c283f6d6c5b1a3f5af8793292b

Can anyone assess how persistant these changes are? I've noticed that internal
qube IPs as well IPs in my private networks change, so that I'm not sure
whether the changes applied by the script above will
- survive a reboot of qubes?
- survive a reboot of netvm?
- survive a rebbot of the AppVm which is used as routing target?

Thxs in advance! Pete.

Depending on the type of VM you probably want to modify one of the following:

/rw/config/qubes-ip-change-hook
/rw/config/qubes-firewall.d
/rw/config/qubes-firewall-user-script

The qubes-firewall.d is a directory where you can add multiple scripts.

See https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/config-files/

This means that the used tools in the script like
- iptables-save
- iptables

are not persistent and will be gone after reboot of qubes/AppVm/NetVm, right?
I'd like to know whether it's necessary to clean up every time or whether a
reboot is sufficient to clear the port forwarding.