I followed the instructions to setup postfix [1], fetchmail [2] and mutt [3]
and everything seemed great. I didn't move / save the emails (~200) yet as I
wanted to fully read the mutt manual before doing so.

Then I did an update off all my templates this morning and restarted the VM
that runs postfix, fetchmail & mutt and all my mails are gone!

I assume this is because /var/spool/mail/user is not part of the VM but the
template? ... and I have to bind it to /rw like I did with the postmail
directory: mount --bind /usr/local/etc/postfix /etc/postfix ?

If that is so, what would be my best choice? /home/user/var/spool/mail ?

Should we maybe update the mutt page [3] to mention this?

Is there any way I can get those mails back? (I assume no, but ask anyway)

/Sven

[1] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/postfix/
[2] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/fetchmail/
[3] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/mutt/