On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 11:03:49AM +0000, lik...@gmx.de wrote:
On 2019-11-27 12:52, tetrahedra via qubes-users wrote:
DispVMs shut down automatically when the launched application closes.

Is it possible to enable this for certain applications in certain AppVMs
as well?

For example I may not want my "resource-heavy-apps-vm" to keep running
after MemoryHungryApp closes, because that ties up half my system RAM.

How would I configure "resource-heavy-apps-vm" to shutdown automatically
when MemoryHungryApp closes?

You could also use a feature of qubes to shutdown a VM after a certain time.
You can find steps to enable it to a particular vm in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/lyABSZGmKdM

Now it also works for debian templates.

Great!