Claudia:
I looked at your HCL report, and given the number of issues you're facing, it might be worth trying a R4.1 pre-release build, which is based on F29 and Xen 4.12. These builds are considered unstable, but you very well might end up with fewer headaches than the older stable releases.

Here is the latest build (click assets tab for ISO): https://openqa.qubes-os.org/tests/4428

By the end of the month, the developers plan on releasing an official testing ISO for R4.1 based on Fedora 31. https://www.mail-archive.com/qubes-users@googlegroups.com/msg31288.html

Otherwise, also worth trying is R4.0.2-rc2, which is newer than the 4.0.1 you're using. The default kernel is a few versions newer (4.14 -> 4.19, if I recall correctly). In a few weeks rc2 will either be declared stable or a new rc will be released. Either way, most likely you'll just have to install updates; there's a very small chance you'll have to reinstall from ISO using the new rc ISO.