tetrahedra via qubes-users:
see the corresponding issue:

The tldr is that ever since I upgraded to fedora-30, sys-net has started
dying intermittently (or less intermittently, nearly every time) I put
my laptop to sleep.

This is really problematic.

I am wondering if it would make sense to re-create sys-net from scratch.
Could it be that this is something from fedora-29 that is not working
well with fedora-30?

Did you keep the fedora 29 template installed? If so, I think you could just change the template back to 29 for sys-net and see if that fixes it. If not, perhaps you could downgrade it, or try explicitly installing the fedora 29 template.

There doesn't seem to be much documentation on how to do this. One post
suggests you just create a new VM and call it sys-net:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Qubes/comments/amvkz3/how_to_create_net_and_firewall_again_with_default/efpl5i2/

However that doesn't seem right, isn't something extra needed to get
the NetworkManager wifi menu widget set up?

Not that I know of. As far as I know, system tray icons are just like a regular window, in that any VM can create them without any special configuration, and they're colored according to the VM. So when you start NetworkManager it should just appear in the tray.

I don't know anything about that guide, but it may be worth trying. You can create a new VM called sys-net2 or whatever so you don't have to overwrite your existing sys-net. Then just create a temporary AppVM with sys-net2 as its NetVM to test it.

Other than that the only option I can think of is to debug your current sys-net and fix whatever is causing it to crash. Check /var/log/qubes, /var/log/xen, and `xl dmesg`.