On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 12:53:47 UTC, unman wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 09:36:50AM -0700, Guerlan wrote:
> >

> I'm starting to think you are ideologically wedded to top-posting.
> Believe me, once you've tried bottom posting you will never understand
> why you did this.
> I guess your mail software outs the cursor at the top of the message
> when you h=it "Reply". ...

On some packages & web interfaces it is worse than that :(

For example on the gmail app for Android, it hides the quoted text, so it is
far too easy for a newcomer to this forum to not even realise what you meant
when you said "scroll to the bottom of the text."

To be able to bottom post on such platforms, you need to enable the quoted
text,
typically and confusingly Google calls this "Respond in line". Having done
that,
the user can then follow your advice to scroll past deleting on the way.

I know this is off topic, but we can help ppl do things the Qubes way if we
all
try to give them the most detailed advice.

Bottom posting reads better, but so many other forums use top posting, and
too
many apps nudge this behaviour, so we are likely to have to go on
explaining this.

R~~