>Also, try using `su` with no arguments and see if that asks for a password
also.

The problem was resolved by using the "su" command on its own (as opposed
to "su user", which prompted me for a password), which brought me straight
into "bash-5.0#", where I used the "cat > 00-macrandomizer.conf" command.

Typing "sudo cat > test.txt" into the user (non-su) prompt returned "bash:
test.txt: Permission denied".

>Also, don't type your dom0 passwords or disk password into VMs. You may
want to change them just to be safe.

My machine has never been connected to the internet when I typed in the
passwords (like, in the lifetime of the machine), so I figured they'll be
safe unless a verified iso has been compromised, but I'll do things the
Qubes way and change them anyways.

Not a minimal template because it was cloned from the default fedora-30 and
left unmolested by my fat fingers. I might play around with minimals in the
future, so the info provided might come in handy.

>Re: TOR firewall

I have the computational resources to spare, so I'll take the paranoid
route and firewall my Whonix-15-gw while keeping an eye on SOCKSPorts.

This thread has been resolved--thank you, Claudia and Chris.