I have a HVM VM that I'm trying to set up as a new sys-net.

However, when I boot it, Xen / Qubes doesn't seem to recognize that the domain
has finished starting.

The Qubes menu at the top right shows the red circling progress logo, even
though the domain has booted already.

When I try to start another VM which has been set to use the new-sys-net VM as its
NetVM, the startup times out and I get the error "libxenlight has
failed to create new domain NEWVM"...

/var/log/xen/console/guest-NEWSYSNET-dm.log doesn't show anything obviously
wrong, apart from some call traces of unclear origin.