Hi,

I tried to passthrough my old PCI USB controller (chipset NEC 0720100AGM)
to Windows 7 HVM but I ran into some problems.

I first found the controller in dom0 with *qvm-pci*:

dom0:01_05.0  USB controller: NEC Corporation OHCI USB
Controller
dom0:01_05.1  USB controller: NEC Corporation OHCI USB
Controller
dom0:01_05.2  USB controller: NEC Corporation uPD72010x USB 2.0 Controller

I then attached those three with *qvm-pci attach --persistent --option
permissive=true --option no-strict-reset=true <win7 HVM qube> <pci number> *and
I got:

dom0:01_05.0  USB controller: NEC Corporation OHCI USB
Controller
win7-z (permissive=true, no-strict-reset=true)
dom0:01_05.1  USB controller: NEC Corporation OHCI USB
Controller
win7-z (permissive=true, no-strict-reset=true)
dom0:01_05.2  USB controller: NEC Corporation uPD72010x USB 2.0
Controller                                             win7-z
(permissive=true, no-strict-reset=true)

I tried running the Windows 7 HVM and the PCI USB controller was
recognized, alongside USB Root Hubs, but whenever I physically attach an
USB device (3 different sticks and 1 WLAN stick) I always get "USB Device
Not Recognized" and "Unknown USB Device" in one of the used ports.

Before I attached the controller to Windows HVM, dom0 recognized any device
attached to the controller, and I tried booting up my spare disk with the
same Windows 7 installation I used for HVM and the PCI controller works
there, with recognized USB devices when attached.

My question is, what is the next step I should make in troubleshooting the
problem?