Rafael and trueriver, you mean boot into BIOS each time to choose the OS?
That's the way I have it now. I hit f1 upon turning the computer on to go
into BIOS, and then I have the choice between Qubes or Debian (which is
done through Grub, which also gives me the option to choose Windows). Or if
I don't boot into BIOS with f1, it goes directly to Grub. Is that what you
guys mean?

As I mentioned in my first post, it seems that there might be a security
benefit having it this way. Like trueriver said, people can potentially
miss the fact that you have Qubes. And I think if the OSes aren't linked or
don't know about each other, it's better for security.