January 19, 2020 6:34 AM, "Guerlan" <worms....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Windows 10 VM is considerably slower than my traditional PV VMs, the ones
> that come with Qubes. In
> fact no one would notice that my PV VMs are virtualized, they look just like
> regular bare metal
> machines.
> However, Windows 10 has lags. Anyone would notice and think either the
> computer is slow or the
> system is badly virtualized. For example, when I press Win button, it takes a
> while for the menu to
> appear. I can only think that it's because Windows 10 is running in HVM mode.
> Should I try running
> it in PV mode? If so, how?

You could try it in PV mode. I'm not sure if it's supported by Qubes but you
could probably make it work. https://xenproject.org/windows-pv-drivers/

Also consider that Windows might simply be slower than Linux, especially in
resource-constrained environments like a VM. Are your Linux HVMs also
slow/laggy?