On 1/19/20 3:10 PM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
Arshad Ali:
Hi guys,

I am new in Qubes OS, I need help regarding installation of McAfee on
debian VM,

I have installed McAfee Agent on debian-10 Template vm, When I am trying to
push ENS package from McAfee server to debian-10 Template VM its getting
fail.

 From McAfee server I can only see sys-net connectivity with McAfee, where
as McAfee agent is installed on debian vm,
I am not sure where the problem is actually exist. Do I need to do any port
forwarding on sys net and sys firewall (If It is  how it can be, ).
As I didnot make any rules in Firewall which is by default allowing all and
internet is running on debian vm.

I think you're missing some of the basics of Qubes. Check out
https://blog.invisiblethings.org/2011/09/28/playing-with-qubes-networking-for-fun.html,
for example. Qubes' networking is designed to prevent things outside
your PC from connecting with things inside it. If you really wanted to,
see https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/firewall/. Keep in mind though,
templates intentionally do not have a network connection, so what you're
trying to do wouldn't work even with port forwarding. You should also
consider in general if installing third party software raises or lowers
your security posture, as antivirus suites have historically had
multiple vulnerabilities and are designed to upload files for further
analysis based on criteria set by the third party.

I think the transfer model for third-party definition updates in template vms would be to utilize a dispvm to download an update pack (e.g. in .zip or .tar format) which can then be qvm-copied to the template vm and fed to the antivirus software. IOW, the antivirus vendor should have an offline update procedure you can follow, you just need to add qvm-copy to the process.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket