On 1/20/20 10:56 AM, fiftyfourthparal...@gmail.com wrote:
Many thanks for the swift and detailed response.

I'll enable AppArmor (using your instructions from another thread <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/cNwCH3rcIGk>) and install your qubes hardening project. I was slightly hesitant before, but I did some quick Googling and realised you're on the Qubes team. Would you happen to have any other major security tips? Are there any ways to secure my booting process without a TPM?

To correct a misunderstanding... I'm not a member of the Qubes project. I'm listed on the Qubes page as a contributor, e.g. contributing to the project from the outside.

I think a TPM-like device is important for physical security if you don't expect too much of it. It makes evil maid type attacks more time-consuming and complicated. Beyond that, you could search about ways to make computers physically tamper-evident.

I feel like this sort of information can be compiled into a handy-dandy security hardening guide for the documentation section. I wouldn't mind writing it up if you provide the technical details (I'm not very technical, but I can write).

There was an effort like that years ago. The doc is here and you can still suggest edits:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/security-guidelines/

But there are also a number of other security guides on the doc page:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket