On 2020-01-21 05:38, Major Lazor wrote:
APL external email warning: Verify sender r.wiesb...@web.de before clicking
links or attachments

Thank you for your ideas. From my understanding all your ideas that
would mean to open a Terminal and run

./script.sh a.ext b.ext c.ext d.ext

typing this is not much simpler than

1. start dispvm with nautilus
2. send files from source-vm nautilus
3. open files in destination-vm nautilus

in my opinion. This would only be useful if this could be added to
nautilus context menu. I guess this can be integrated using nautilus
actions.

I was curious so I explored how to do the context menu in Gnome/Files app for kicking this off. Here is what I did:

I first wrote a bash script to test:

$ cat open_multiple
#!/bin/bash
zenity --list --column="Column name 1"  $@

I copied a desktop file to my .local/share/applications/ and edited it to look like:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=OpenMultiple
Exec=/home/user/bin/open_multiple %U
Icon=utilities-terminal
Type=Application

Then I edited my .local/share/applications/mimeapps.list and added:

[Default Applications]
x-scheme-handler/file=open_multiple.desktop

Then when right clicking on a group of files and selecting "Open With Other Application" I selected my "OpenMultiple" entry and up pops a zenity dialog box with the names of the files I had selected. You should be able to do something similar with nautilus if you like.

The script you write of course will be very different than mine.