On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 02:18:42AM +0100, tetrahedra via qubes-users wrote:
On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 08:11:45AM +0100, tetrahedra via qubes-users wrote:
The original error ("unable to reset PCI device...") still occurs when
trying to start disp-sys-usb.

The error is now also happening when I try to start sys-usb!

It looks like no-strict-reset=True has to be passed *every time* you
attach a PCI device to a VM... that it was passed before when attaching
to a different VM is not enough!

Detaching all USB controllers from sys-usb and then manually reattaching
with
$ qvm-pci attach --option no-strict-reset=True --persistent sys-usb dom0:00_14.0

resulted in a slightly different error when trying to start sys-usb:
$ qvm-start sys-usb
Start failed: internal error: Unable to reset PCI device 0000:00:14.0: internal
error: libxenlight failed to create new domain 'sys-usb', see
/var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log for details
$ sudo tail /var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log
libxl: libxl_pci.c:1199:libxl__device_pci_reset: The kernel doesn't support
reset from sysfs for PCI device 0000:00:14.0

However attaching all controllers to disp-sys-usb (using the above
command) worked, and my USB devices are recognized by disp-sys-usb.