Many thanks for the suggestion!
I'm not using any proprietary modules of any sort, below are the only modules
that I are loaded in the AppVM that was killed (as you can see nothing really
special):

Module Size Used by
fuse 126976 3
ip6table_filter 16384 1
ip6_tables 32768 1 ip6table_filter
xt_conntrack 16384 2
ipt_MASQUERADE 16384 1
iptable_nat 16384 1
nf_nat_ipv4 16384 2 ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat
nf_nat 36864 1 nf_nat_ipv4
nf_conntrack 163840 4 xt_conntrack,nf_nat,ipt_MASQUERADE,nf_nat_ipv4
nf_defrag_ipv6 20480 1 nf_conntrack
nf_defrag_ipv4 16384 1 nf_conntrack
libcrc32c 16384 2 nf_conntrack,nf_nat
intel_rapl 24576 0
crct10dif_pclmul 16384 0
crc32_pclmul 16384 0
crc32c_intel 24576 1
ghash_clmulni_intel 16384 0
xen_netfront 32768 0
intel_rapl_perf 16384 0
pcspkr 16384 0
xenfs 16384 1
u2mfn 16384 0
xen_privcmd 24576 17 xenfs
xen_gntdev 24576 1
xen_gntalloc 16384 5
xen_blkback 49152 0
xen_evtchn 16384 6
overlay 122880 1
xen_blkfront 45056 6

The closesure of the socket probably is related with borgmatic (that I'm using
as my backup mechanism for the AppVms). But I don't think its related, since I
this enabled only in a few machines, and even the ones that are not using
borgmatic are terminated on resume.

I'm runing out of ideas on this. What I do noticed though is that if the resume
is done immediately after the suspend the resume works fins without any AppVM
being killed, which seems to indicate perhaps an issue with the clock (that's
the only thing that comes to mind, specially given the warning above) but I'm
not sure if this is the root cause.

Any more suggestions would be really appreciated!