I can’t figure out how I can use the USB modem HUAWEI E3372h to connect to the
internet in Qubes OS 4.0.3.

So I hope to hear from someone who know how I can do this - especially someone
who succeeded doing this with this device or a similar USB modem.

Here’s what I have tried:

1)
I have tried to use the NetworkManager, by adding a mobile broadband connection
but that didn’t work.
Here’s is how I did it (read only if you in detail would like to know how): I
plugged the USB modem into the pc before I logged in. When I logged in there
appeared a red network icon in the menu with the text; “No network connection”
-> I right clicked on the icon and left clicked on “Edit connections” -> Add,
and then followed the guide. And I have tried to add the connection both before
and after I have connected the USB modems storage device to sys-net by clicking
on the device icon.

2)
I have also tried to find the modems Mac address in Qubes OS, but I haven’t
been able to find it. For me that seems like the USB modem isn’t recognized as
a modem in Qubes OS. Instead its only recognized as a storage device.

3)
I have also tried to find out how to change the mode of the USB device so that
I could try to change it’s mode from storage device to modem. But at this
point, I haven’t been able to do that either.

For further details in relation to what I have tried so far, see here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/qubes-users/2Z1rD5fn6io