On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 01:11:48PM +0000, Mike Keehan wrote:
> On 2/4/20 11:26 AM, Douglas Giovani Oechsler wrote:
> > Hello All!
> > How are you?
> >
> > I am starting use Qubes. At my scenario we have PFsense with no DHCP
> > network. Inside qubes how can switch qubes vm internal IP? I am reading
> > official documentation but, still lost about thiis.
> >
> > Please, how can I fix or what is my wrong?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Douglas
> >

> It's not a Qubes specific issue.  The sys-net VM uses NetworkManager and
> dhclient to setup the network.  You need to search for information on
> how to set up a static ip address with these standard Linux programs.
> (If I knew, I would tell you, but it's a long time since I used them
> myself).
>
> Mike.

I think op needs to clarify the problem.
If op means that they don't know how to set a static address on sys-net,
then your advice is right. The answer is to open the NetworkManager
applet, select the relevant NIC and the change ip_v4 settings to use
"static" method and enter the relevant IP details.
But I suspect that *that* isn't op's problem.

It reads to me as if they want to change the Qubes internal IP, i.e the
10.137 addresses.
It *is* possible to do that. I do it myself.
First, take a backup of /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubes/vm/mix
Second, take a backup of /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubes/vm/mix
Stop all qubes which use a netvm.
Delete the contents of mix/__pycache__

Edit net.py and change every instance of 10.137 to (e.g) 192.168
Restart.

Done.

This is, of course, a hack and unsupported. You may get into all sorts
of trouble. If you do, restore your backup, reboot, and all should be
well.

An alternative approach would be to do some clever work with nftables
and routing to make sure that sys-net routes sys-firewall one way and
all other IPs outbound. Provided there's no conflict between the
sys-firewall IP and "real" IPs on the network that should work.
I like using my own network ranges better. (One less Qubes fingerprint)

unman