I am sure this question has been dealt with before, answers change a bit
over time.

I have an X230 2325, Core I5.

If I run the app from Lenovo as to parts to use, I see a lot of options as
to which memory to use.   Also there is the matter of manufacturer.

Years back I had a Netbook.  When I upgraded the RAM in that, I needed to
buy a special (more expensive) gaming RAM to get it to shut down.

As best as I can see I should probably buy Crucial, in the basic spec shown
on the Lenovo website.

After I install it, how can I verify that the memory is operating
interleaved?