On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:38:33AM +0100, Bernhard wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Also, I see that you have many services that need not be there - some
> > of these will be disabled by Qubes- some you do not need in every qube
> > (cups-browsed, exim4, tinyproxy etc).
> how do get rid of them? exim for example looks to me like a virus. I
> found no way to uninstall it without destroying debian ... the trick is
> maybe to keep them, but disabled? Cheers, Bernhard

I could be wrong but I don't think that tool takes any notice of the
*state* of the service, which is why I suggested that op should actually
dig in to the results.
Many of these services can be disabled - I prefer to mask or remove them
all together.
A reasonable alternative would be to start with a micro template and
only add the services/tools that you need.

As far as exim is concerned you should be able to remove it quite
easily.
exim is "recommended" by cron, but can be removed without breaking the
system. If you use a tool like aptitude it becomes easy to see and
overcome dependencies when removing packages.