tirsdag den 17. marts 2020 kl. 11.50.48 UTC+1 skrev Frank Schäckermann:

> lørdag den 14. marts 2020 kl. 21.06.02 UTC+1 skrev M:
>>
>> How to get on the internet from within a Debian 10.3 HVM, when Debian
>> says that it is connected to the network, but can't get on the internet by
>> using Firefox from within the Debian HVM ?
>>
>> I have created the Debian HVM by first downloading the DVD 1 file from
>> here: https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-dvd/ to a
>> VM. Then create a new HVM by using the GUI and boot the ISO-file from
>> another VM. And the installation run successful (without internet
>> connection) according to the installer. After the installation I logged in
>> to Debian 10.3, and then set up the network by writing the correct IP,
>> netmask and gateway address according to the same HVM's "Qube Settings".
>> And I have pressed "On" in the menu bar so that Debian says that it is
>> connected to the cable network. But I still can't get on the internet. For
>> example if I open Firefox, and write "test" in the html field, Firefox tell
>> me that it can't connect to the server. And it is from the same pc I'm
>> making this thread, so Qubes OS is connected to the internet.
>>
>> I should probably also mention that I haven't installed any Qubes-tools
>> yet. In case I should try that, please write which packages I shall install
>> and where I can find them.
>>
>> So I would like some suggestions on what I shall do to get on the
>> internet by using Firefox from within the Debian HVM ?
>>

> I should probably also mention that I have no problems whatsoever in
> getting on the internet from within a Windows 10 HVM or a Linux Mint HVM.
>
> So I can't understand why I can't get on the internet from within a Debian
> 10.3 HVM the same way as I got connected to the internet in the Linux Mint
> HVM.
>
> So I still need some suggestions on what I shall do to get on the internet
> by using Firefox from within the Debian 10.3 GUI HVM ?
>

> Have you set the network configuration in your Debian HVM to „manual“ (as
> opposed to „dhcp“) and put the right static IP address, gateway address to
> what you see in the qubes‘ settings?
>
> And use 255.255.255.0 as the netmask and not the 255.255.255.255 shown in
> the settings!
>
> That should enable networking.
>
> If you don‘t see any IP address in the settings, make sure the qube has a
> net-vm set (i.e. sys-firewall) on the first tab in the settings.
>
> Regards, Frank

Thanks, Frank.

I have changed the gateway-address from 255.255.255.255 to 255.255.255.0,
and i still can't use the Firefox browser inside the Debian HVM to get on
the internet.

I then tried to delete the 9.9.9.9 DNS address and switch the DNS to
"Automatic". But that didn't work either...

Frank have you tried to install the Debian 10.3 like I did and were you
able to get on the internet by using the Firefox browser ? - I ask, only to
rule things out. Because if so, then it has to be something with my
settings. And if not, it still might be the connection between Qubes OS and
Debian that doesn't work properly.