On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:36:24AM -0700, 'M' via qubes-users wrote:
> Can the need to install the specific qubes agent programs in the HVM be the
> reason why I haven't been able to surf the web from inside a Debian HVM ? -
> you may see my other thread about this.

Nope. For that you only have to check the assigned IP, subnet and
gateway in the Qube Manager UI for that particular qube and then apply
those settings inside the HVM.

See also "Setting up networking for HVMs" on this page:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/standalone-and-hvm/

> When it is possible to only make shortcuts in the Qube Menu for the
> programs that I would like to use, can I then delete the template again and
> just install the music programs I would like to use in the preinstalled
> Debian template... ?

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question correctly.

-> Using the Qube Manager you can select which applications that are
installed in any particular template will show in the Qube Menu.

-> If all this effort was only about a particular program then yes: you
should have stated your need / intent more clearly at the beginning. You
can simply install that program in whatever template you use (debian,
fedora ... whatever)

> 1)  Shall I just delete the Ubuntu template Qube again by open the Qube
> Manager and click on delete qube, or do I have to delete other things ?

You installed it via RPM so the clean way is to uninstall it via 'sudo
dnf erase name_of_the_package' in dom0

> 2)  Can I just delete the Template file from dom0 by using the file
> manager, or do I have to delete or edit other files and if so which ?

That would result in issues down the road if you'd ever want to install
this template again (basically you would leave the system in a state
where it thinks the template is already installed). Don't do that.

> 3)  How can I install a specific program in the preinstalled Debian 10
> template - for example this program: https://flavio.tordini.org/musique ?

Follow these instruction inside the template:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/40779/how-do-i-install-a-deb-file-via-the-command-line#40781

/Sven

--
 public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6