Hi.  I will soon attempt to install Core Boot Skulls onto my Lenovo X230.   I
purchased the X 230 with a Core I5 and 4 GB RAM.  I have done several things
that I now know will not make the task easier.

Some of the advice on doing this is two years old and for a slightly different
X 230. I did not have the money to buy one with a Core I7 rather than a Core
I5.  I had hoped to easily find an option for a Core I5. Not am I sure it is
necessary.  I installed 2 stacks of RAM that were 8 GB each.  Now I read that
CoreBoot SeaBios Skulls sometimes does not like some RAM, but no explanation is
offered.  Then my other mistake.  I upgraded the basic BIOS to 2.77.   I did
not realize it was not possible to go backwards in the standard Lenovo BIOS
very far, or that it might be useful.  Apparently Skulls does not overwrite
everything in the ROM.

I also took out the spinning Hard Drive out and put in a 500 GB Samsung SSD
evo.  I tried successfully tried out several Linux distros, and have now
installed a working Qubes.   I can’t seem to catch enough Wireless Signal from
our local library for Qubes to Work, although my Alienware 15 flies on the same
amount of signal.  I can not go into the Library (closed for Corona Virus
Quarantine) even though the wireless is on sometimes.  I can catch enough
Public WiFi Wireless Signal outside McDonalds For Qubes to function.  So Qubes
works on this now.

As I can put the Standard BIOS/EFI to 2.7, I guess I will have to put Windows
back on the X 230 to accomplish that.

I will receive  Pi W at the end of the month to attempt to install Skulls.  I
have a cheap clip to attach to Program this thing.  Someone suggested I would
only use it one time. Or maybe twice at one time for upper and lower parts of
the laptop chips, I probably could get away without that.  Just. If it gets
messed up it might take weeks in today’s world Of Corona induced delays  to get
a Pomona clip To even see if the computer could be brought back out of Coma.

I have brought this discussion before.  I do so again thinking someone who has
more recent experience doing exactly this might suggest how I am about to mess
this up.

I have a few weeks before I receive Pi W.  So I have time to think on this.  To
facilitate this.  My IPhone should offer 10 GB hotspot for Pi.

Can anyone tell me if installing the CoreBoot Skulls will be assembled
differently for a Core I5 rather than a Core I7?

Is the threat made on the Lenovo website that I can not roll back the current
BIOS/EFI from 2.77 to earlier than 2.70 a paper tiger.  And I might go back
earlier, or should I even want to?

Which OS should I put on Pi for this?  The mentions of OS used on PI by others
seem to be for earlier OS versions.

I have purchased the Atheros WiFi chip used by Insurgo.  I have been told that
the standard Lenovo BIOS/EFI will block its use.  Skulls should allow the
Atheros WiFi to work, so I read.

Worrying about all this allows me to appreciate all the effort Insurgo goes to
in creating a re-manufactured Qubes device.

Thanks any experienced advice.
Any other preparation should I make at this time?