tirsdag den 14. april 2020 kl. 07.01.09 UTC+2 skrev Günter Zöchbauer:

> I tried the predecessor NUC8i7 and it made a lot of noise every time it
> had to do more than showing the plain desktop.
>
> I'm back to a proper desktop PC where fans only start getting noisy when a
> job runs on multiple cores full load for several minutes.

I understand why, but it is not an issue for me, since I have small
children :). The latest BIOS update did turn out for the better, and you
can actually select "Quiet" in the BIOS. I run around 6-9 AppVM's with
different specs.It is a noisy fan, though.

The big issue is support for the firmware, because Intel, bless their
apparently black hearts, only support Windows on the machines, so I am
hoping for better support soon. Wireless, sound, does not work and my
Windows HVM shuts down unexpectedly after a few minutes.

Can't recommend it yet. running the latest 5.6.4-1 and it works apparently
fast and nice, except for the flapping wireless, no sound a missing all
USB. Nice graphics and speed.

Sincerely
Max