On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 09:17:10PM +0200, Olaf Klinke wrote:
> it seems that some iptables rules are set on VM boot that redirect port
> 53 requests, but I can't get iptables inside the AppVM to divulge these

those rules should exist in your external netvm (sys-net), and point to
the "real" nameservers as received by dhcp (or configured via netmanager).

that way the individual appvms do not need to know about that part
of external configuration.

i have seen the rules get "lost" (actualy: point to useless IPs) on
some kinds of external reconfiguration events.
(like hard restarting the netvm of a vpn-vm)