On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 3:27 PM <dhorf-hfref.4a288...@hashmail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 03:10:48PM -0300, Franz wrote:
>
> > I tried fsck on dom0, but got the enclosed terror screen.
>
> it would have helped if you had tried to fsck the right filesystem:
>         fsck /dev/qubes_dom0/vm-per-dec-private
>
> and if it is asking for repair a bazillion times, perhaps with -y -f
> (and i would keep running it with "-y -f" until at least one run
>  is completely clean...)
> "how to repair a filesystem" is basic system management.

Dhorf, you are right. What happened is exactly what you have foreseen. It
found a lot of errors and corrected them all, and running it again  says
clean.

Well, now I have two similar VMs the original repaired and the new on which
I copied the content of the original. Which one should I choose? Which is
better?

Also thanks, now I understand things, I did not even imagine to exist.
Best