On 5/9/20 3:17 PM, unman wrote:
On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 01:44:10PM +0100, Mike Keehan wrote:
On 5/9/20 1:20 PM, unman wrote:
On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 12:12:09PM +0000, Logan wrote:
Just shutdown a qube. Not my PC

On 5/9/20 12:09 PM, Fr??d??ric Pierret wrote:

On 2020-05-09 13:05, Logan wrote:
Is there a way to configure Qubes so that when I close the last AppvM belonging
to a TemplateBasedVM/Domain it auto shuts down?
By auto shuts down you mean poweroff your computer?

I think it's pretty easy to do it by writing your own Qubes core-admin addon
extension. I would write function catching domain shutdown and looking if it
remains running VM else poweroff.

Here are examples of core-admin addon extension:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-core-admin-addon-whonix
https://github.com/QubesOS-contrib/qubes-core-admin-addon-bridge-device
I have been dreaming of this for some time but haven't been able to find a
solution.

Logan

Fr??d??ric

The convention here is not to top-post.
Please scroll to the bottom of the message before you start typing. Or
reply inline.
It only takes you seconds, makes it much easier to follow threads, and
cumulatively saves your fellow users hours.

I'm not clear on what you want to do - do you mean shutdown a qube when
the last *window* is closed? You can use `qubes-app-shutdown-idle` for
that.

unman

What is that?  dnf list doesn't show it, and neither does qvm-prefs.

In Fedora, it's qubes-idle.
1. In a fedora-31 template type "sudo dnf install qubes-idle"
1b. In a Debian template type "sudo apt install qubes-app-shutdown-idle"
2. Create a Template based qube called "shutdown"
3. Shutdown's "Qubes Setting" -> Services -> Type "shutdown-idle" in the bar
and click on +
4. Open a terminal in the qube called 'shutdown' and close it.
6. After 15 minutes (without any windows open) the qubes 'shutdown' should
automatically shutdown :-)

You can check the service is running by :
`ps aux | grep qubes-idle-watcher`

The timeout is set at default 15 mins in:
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qubesidle/idleness_monitor.py
You can change the default as you wish - you'll need bind-dirs to alter
this on a per qube basis

unman

Thanks unman!