I see that Qubes does not announce planned new releases of Qubes, or state
what should trigger an update.

I am between updating Qubes with Fedora 32, which also means creating
AppVMs, I am not sure how I would update the Work VM, as it is, I am
guessing, based on Fedora 32.  All this translates to my working with Salt,
which is shown a lot of in this forum.  Meaning I should learn Salt and
some other things.

Just seems like it would be so much easier if we had an entire new version
of Qubes, which I could install.  At the same time, I am making sure any
Malware I might have picked up gets clobbered.   And leaving me with the
problem of re installing all of my personal files, my own personal fixes to
Template VMs.  Instead many are learning Salt.

This question also comes back to making Qubes easy for Human Rights
Activists and Journalists.   I do not think those two groups will go to the
trouble of learning how to install Salt.  I agree that since most of the
changes for Human Rights Activists/Journalists are made inside Template VMs
of (now usually Debian, or Fedora), that the folks who create Qubes for us,
should not concern themselves with those things.

So, anyone here have a guess as to what new version of Qubes might be
nearly out?  Or should I start reading about how to work with Salt?