On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 10:05:53PM -0700, Robert Spigler wrote:
> I apologize for the long absence. I appreciate your help.
>
> While this helped with the 'There is no assurance this key belongs to the
> named user' error, it still could not complete the encryption.
>
> qubes-gpg-client --output --OUTPUT_PATH.asc --encrypt --recipient
> --trusted-key <KeyID> InFile
>
> Continues to resut in the weird error:
>
> 'Only '-' argument supported for --output option'
>
> Tried it with the other method:
>
> cat InFile | qubes-gpg-client --encrypt --recipient --trusted-key <KeyID>
>
> And I get the new error:
>
> open: No such file or directory
>

> I know there are people who are setup on Qubes with subkeys running
> splitGPG, it's the only way to truly use GPG securely. Hopefully someone
> has run into this error before.

No need for apologies. Difficult times.

When you specify the output you use: `-o file` or `--output file`
You can use a single dash to indicate output to stdout, like `-o -`,
which allows you to redirect output.

You are using a double dash before the filename output. That's wrong:
the "weird error" thinks you are trying to output to stdout and is
telling you how to do it.
Just use the filename, or a single dash.

Stay safe