On Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:48 AM, 'Jackie' via qubes-users
<qubes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Frédéric Pierret:
>

> > On 2020-05-29 18:26, viktor.ransm...@gmail.com wrote:
> >

> > > Hello Frederic,
> > > Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2020 14:01:46 UTC+2 schrieb Frédéric Pierret:
> > >

> > >      On 2020-05-29 13:53, viktor....@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
> > >      >
> > >      > I'm trying to continue my journey into the various Qubes OS
> > > options from the smaller - and not - from the larger template POV.
> > >      >
> > >      > I'm not asking for any additions to the provided packages
> > > available for example in 'fedora-31-minimal'.
> > >      >
> > >      > All I'm asking for is help to resolve the following question:
> > >      >
> > >      > *What do I need to do in order to activate / enable the copy /
> > > paste pattern via copy-c/v for xterm?
> > >      > *
> > >

> > >      Control+Middle mouse clic -> Select to Clipboard. Then, you can you
> > > QubesOS clipboard shortcut (Control+Shift+C).
> > >

> > > It may be obvious to you, but for me - coming from the Windows world - it
> > > is not really clear ...
> >

> > The middle click simply the wheel click but indeed, with only left and
> > right buttons it's both at the same time. Here when hold Control in
> > addition to left and right mouse button (keep holding) on xterm, it makes
> > appearing a little menu where the selection is made by unholding mouse
> > buttons. On this little menu you would see the 'Select to Clipboard' option.
>

> For what it's worth i can't get this to work on xterm either. I use
> gnome-terminal which lets you right click -> copy (or edit -> copy),
>

> then qubes copy/paste shortcuts work like normal.

To enable simulating middle clicks that way, I had to follow
<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/9973/configuring-mouse-for-rightleft-button-simulating-middle-click-for-copy-paste>.

Alternatively, you should be able to add `XTerm.vt100.selectToClipboard: 1`
to `~/.Xresources` and run `xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources` to enable the
Select to Clipboard feature by default.