On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 6:15:31 AM UTC-4, donoban wrote:

> On 2020-05-29 02:34, brend...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Can Qubes support multiple X sessions in dom0?
> Or do you mean multiple X sessions with the same user?

Yes, exactly.

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 6:23:19 AM UTC-4, Frédéric Pierret wrote:

> On 2020-05-29 02:34, brend...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
> > Can Qubes support multiple X sessions in dom0?
> I guess you want to see VMs in separate X sessions. Without speaking of
> user management, yes it can but currently gui-daemon is running on
> DISPLAY=:0 waiting for all VM start/shutdown and starting a proper server
> for them. In your case of having multiple DISPLAY, that would mean to adapt
> the automatic start of each deamon per VM.
>
> I would say, wait or try the (undocumented) GuiVM implementation in R4.1,
> that would ease such use-case/management..

That sounds reasonable. As it is, without further adjustment, I cannot get
a second X server to start up correctly under 4.0.

I'm using window manager workspaces now to mentally separate out different
work-streams across a dozen running VMs sometimes.

However, it might be nicer to have a stronger organizational (and mental)
partition and multiple X servers with the UI of running VMs associated with
different X servers would be nice.

Perhaps multiple GUIVMs could serve that purpose?

Brendan