On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 11:45:10AM -0700, Dave wrote:
> when i use qmv-backup-restore -d sys-net backup_location
> /run/media/path_to_usb/backup_file i am asked for passphrase to decrypt the
> backup.
> Next i get an error Backup Header retrieval failed (exit code2) ... Tested
> the backup with the GUI and the backup restored fine ..
> Any clue whats causing the error ..?
>
> On Wednesday, 3 June 2020 18:12:59 UTC+2, unman wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 06:01:23AM -0700, Dave wrote:
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > Whats the syntax to restore a backup from an usbstick attached to
> > > sys-net(used as sys-usb) ..
> > > is it qmv-backup-restore -d sys-net backup_location
> > > /run/media/path_to_usb/backup_file ..
> > > or do i need to use another syntax ..?
> > >

> > `qvm-backup-restore -d sys-net /run/media/path_to_usb/backup_file `

Hi Dave

The convention here is not to top-post.
Please scroll to the bottom of the message before you start typing. Or
reply inline.
It only takes you seconds, makes it much easier to follow threads, and
cumulatively saves your fellow users hours.

Compare what you typed with what I suggested - dont include the
words "backup_location"

unman