Hi all,

New user here, trying and failing to install Qubes R4.0.3 on a new Dell Precision 3630 Tower with Xeon E-2288G cpu.

I verfied the ISO and wrote it to a USB stick with dd.

If I set the BIOS to boot from the USB stick in UEFI mode then I get dump of registers and stack trace and it says "Panic on CPU 0: FATAL PAGE FAULT"

If I set the BIOS to boot in Legacy External Devices mode, and boot from the USB stick, the Qubes installer menu comes up. If I select "Install Qubes R4.0.3" then I am offered the chance to select a language, after which an error window pops up: "Unsupported Hardware Detected"... "Missing Features: HAP/SLAT/EPT/RVI, Interrupt Remapping"

In the BIOS settings I had already ticked "Enable Intel Virtualization Technology" and also "Enable VT for Direct I/O". It also does not seem to make any difference whether I tick "Trusted Execution" in the BIOS.

I guess there is a possibility that there is a bug in the BIOS, I have R2.3.1 installed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chris