On Thursday, 10 May 2018 20:58:50 UTC+1, Tom Marciniak wrote:

> Hello Qubes Team,
>
> See attached for .yml file with my hardware information.
>
> I haven't had a chance to test TPM/AEM yet, because I'm having trouble
> accessing the BIOS after installing Qubes.
>
> I need to verify that TXT and TPM are both enabled there and possibly
> update the BIOS firmware.
>
> Thanks for all your efforts on this badass platform!
>
> --
> Take care,
> Tom Marciniak

Hello

I'm no expert, but isn't BIOS usually accessed during POST?   In which
case, I don't see why having installed Qubes (or any other OS for that
matter) would affect the ability to access it...

Got this from the HP web site:

Methods to open the BIOS settings depend on the CPU, BIOS version, and
notebook manufacture date. If the procedure fails and Windows launches,
shut down the computer and perform the process again.

   - *Notebooks manufactured after mid-2011*: Turn off the computer, press
   the power button, and then repeatedly press the Esc key until the
   Startup Menu opens. Press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
   - *Notebooks manufactured between 2008 and mid-2011*: If a Compaq or HP
   splash screen displays after the computer starts, press Escape when
   prompted to enter the Startup Menu, and then press F10 to enter the BIOS
   Setup Utility. Some models might support pressing F10 immediately after
   powering on the notebook to enter the Startup Menu.
   - *Notebooks manufactured in 2007 and earlier*: Turn off the computer,
   press the power button, and then repeatedly press the F10 key. Normally,
   the Compaq or HP splash screen displays press F10 to enter the BIOS just
   before the BIOS menu opens.