Hi,

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 2:00:44 AM UTC+10, Sven Semmler wrote:

> On 6/14/20 5:37 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > Tor browser 9.5 suggests ".onion available", but when clicking on
> > it, you end up on a different page.  Is that intended?
>
> I see the same. If you say yes you get the start page of the Qubes OS
> website on the .onion URL instead of the page you navigated too.
>
> But this really is a TorBrowser issue not a Qubes issue. I figure this
> will annoy a lot more people and it's safe just to wait for the next
> release.

It's not a Tor Browser error, it looks merely like a misconfiguration (or a
side-effect of a decision, see below). The Onion-Location is being set in
the 'meta' tag of the HTML source, but it lacks the request URI on the end.

That's probably because the site is hosted at Github and so there is no
control over the vhost configuration, so it was done in the meta tag, but
apparently not as a 'dynamic' link per page, just a static link in a header
template.

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubesos.github.io/blob/be1a8b965c518fd4b5711a9540fccfd9561ca4bb/_includes/head.html#L5

Maybe there's a dynamic variable for injecting the permalink into this tag?

mig5 (from OnionShare, etc)