I'd like to

sudo apt remove yum

because the yum files in /etc/bash_completion.d/ break things for fossil
(autocomplete appends a space instead of slash after directories when
running fossil).

However, apt warns the following:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates qubes-vm-recommended yum yum-utils

A) Is it safe to remove qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates and
qubes-vm-recommended from a debian template?

Also, apt tells me that autoremove would further remove quite a few
packages, including several from qubes:

  qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root qubes-gpg-split
  qubes-img-converter qubes-input-proxy-sender qubes-mgmt-salt-vm-connector
  qubes-pdf-converter qubes-thunderbird qubes-usb-proxy

B) Is it safe to allow these to be autoremoved?

I'm guessing that it is ok to remove the former (A: yes) and not ok to
remove the latter (B: no).

I've noticed that installing qubes-vm-recommended brings yum and yum-utils
along with it.  This leaves me wondering, is there a way to uninstall yum
on a debian template?

Thanks for any help.