Hi,

galt...@gmail.com schrieb am Mittwoch, den 01.07.2020 um 04:00:
> to make a new template and it all works with fedora 31. With 32 I am
> getting this error:
>               import salt.grains.core
>             File "/var/tmp/.root_62a99a_salt/pyall/salt/grains/core.py",
> line 40, in <module>
>               from platform import _supported_dists
>           ImportError: cannot import name '_supported_dists' from
> 'platform' (/usr/lib64/python3.8/platform.py)
>       stdout:
>
> How can I fix this?

I only viewed this traceback.

As Python programmer not knowing salt in detail I've the following comment:

identifiers beginning with an undescore (here: "_supported_dists")
should be considered as private to the module in question (here: platform.py
from Python 3.8 standard library).  It is not recommended to use any private
features from library modules in other code because they might change without
notice due to further development of the module in upcoming versions of the
Python language.  However the Python language allows this:

But the programmer of "salt" did this in the module
pyall/salt/grains/core.py which now breaks in this combination.

This should be reported to the salt development team if there is not
already an existing issue on this.  It looks like an incompatibility
between this version of salt (not mentioned in the Traceback) and
Python 3.8

Regards, Peter Funk
--
Peter Funk ✉:Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany; 📱:+49-179-640-8878
✉office: ArtCom GmbH, Haferwende 2, D-28357 Bremen, Germany