On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 08:55:20PM +0200, 799 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> because I want to be able to rebuild my system from scratch and to keep
> track of my installation notes, all my templates can be rebuild from dom0
> using scripts.
> All templates are based on a fedora-xx-minimal templates.
>
> I have one template which I use as template for a media-VM. which has
> google chrome installed.
> Strangely my script which was working before is unable to install chrome
> using a fedora-32-minimal template.
>
> I get the following error:
> [...]
>   Verifying        : google-chrome-stable-83.0.4103.116-1.x86_64
>  23/23Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'google-chrome':
>   - Curl error (6): Couldn't resolve host name for
> http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
> [Could not resolve host: dl.google.com]
> Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'google-chrome': Cannot
> download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were
> tried
>
> the script which I use from dom0:
> https://github.com/one7two99/my-qubes/blob/master/my-qubes-templates/50%20template-media-vms.md
>
> -----
> Template=fedora-32-minimal
> TemplateName=t-fedora-32-media
> AppVMName=my-media
> qvm-kill $TemplateName
> qvm-remove --force $TemplateName
> qvm-clone $Template $TemplateName
> qvm-run --auto --pass-io --no-gui --user root $TemplateName \
> 'dnf -y update'
>

> qvm-run --auto --pass-io --no-gui --user root $TemplateName \
>  'dnf install -y pulseaudio-qubes qubes-core-agent-networking'
>
> # Install Google Chrome
> qvm-run --pass-io --no-gui --user root $TemplateName \
>   'dnf install -y fedora-workstation-repositories && \
>    dnf config-manager --set-enabled google-chrome && \
>    dnf install -y google-chrome-stable'
>
> qvm-shutdown --wait $TemplateName
>
> qvm-create --template=$TemplateName --label=orange $AppVMName
> -----
>

> Any idea what is wrong here or what needs to be changes in fedora-32 to be
> able to install Google Chrome?
>
> O799

The problem is that the template has no net access, so the curl call
fails - " [Could not resolve host: dl.google.com]" - that's a dns
failure.
The other calls work because they use the configured proxy - you need to
make sure that curl is also using that proxy. It might be clearer what is
happening if you were a little more verbose in the error report, but you
should get the idea.
You can make curl use a proxy by editing .curlrc to include the proxy
details:
proxy = 127.0.0.1:8082
Alternatively you can set environment variables for http_proxy and
https_proxy.

unman