According to the documentation, I try:

'qvm-prefs fedora-32-dvm template_for_dispvms True'

error: no such domain: 'fedora-32-dvm'

Tried 'qvm-prefs fedora-32 template_for_dispvms True'

error: no such property: 'template_for_dispvms'

Following 'Creating a New DisposableVM Template' further down the page:

'qvm-create --template fedora-32 --label red fedora-32-dvm-template'
'qvm-prefs fedora-32-dvm-template template_for_dispvms True'
'qvm-features fedora-32-dvm-template appmenus-dispvm 1'

This creates a domain titled 'fedora-32-dvm-template' like I describe in my
original post, with the disposable_vm_template flag set, but it is not a
disposableVM itself, which is what I am attempting.