On 7/4/20 1:07 PM, Qubes wrote:
On 7/4/20 11:11 AM, Jarrah wrote:
What do you mean I am trying to install the Fedora-32 template in
dom0? I am issuing the command to do it from dom0 yes, but I am not
trying to install it in dom0 itself as the dom0 OS. I am not
performing an upgrade from 31 to 32, which would have to be done in
the template itself, I am installing the new Fedora-32-minimal
template. That has to be done from dom0.
Installing a template is installing a package in Dom0. That package
contains the disk image and configuration of the template. This is why
the repositories point to fc25, not fc32.

Ok thank you that explains it.

I still cannot get the Fedora-32-minimal template installed however. I really regret accidentally interrupting the installation procedure with 'Ctrl + c'.

For anybody that follows this thread from start to finish in the future I finally got this to work a couple of days ago.

To briefly recap what started my troubles with the Fedora 32 templates, both regular and minimal...

I first installed the f32 template and after it completed successfully I immediately proceeded to install the f32-minimal template as well. However, while the f32-minimal template installation was busy ( at this point it was already downloaded and checked and verified) I accidentally hit 'ctrl + c' and interrupted the process. After interrupting the process I just re-issued the command to install the f32-minimal template again

sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-32-minimal

But it failed saying that it cannot delete the old database at '/var/lib/qubes/dom0-updates/home/user/.rpmdbold.2153'.

I eventually found a cli option to the command above used to install a template used to reinstall a template and this worked out for me. Even though when it runs it still complains that it cannot delete the old database the template 're'installation completes and it doesn't stop after complaining that the old database cannot be deleted.

sudo qubes-dom0-update --action=reinstall qubes-template-fedora-32
sudo qubes-dom0-update --action=reinstall qubes-template-fedora-32-minimal