'c1nturion' via qubes-users:

> Clicked OK to continue the install anyway and finishes ok apart from the
> sys-usb problem above. When I try to start sys-usb it fails to start with
> error:
> "Domain sys-usb has failed to start: internal error:
> Unable to reset PCI device 0000:00:14.0: internal error:libxenlight failed to
> create new domain 'sys-usb'.
>
> Everything else with install is good.
>
> Tried the following to fix the sys-usb problem:
> qvm-pci detach sys-usb dom0:00_14.0
> qvm-pci attach --persistent -o no-strict-reset=True sys-usb dom0:00_14.0
> Still get the same error. Tried the same for 00_1a.0 and 00_1d.0. Same error.
> Tried to delete sys-usb and recreate but problem persists.

Good troubleshooting steps. I'd expect EHCI controllers to be more
pass-through compatible than XHCI, so focus on 00_1a.0 alone for now.
Remove all USB controllers except that one from sys-usb. Attach with
no-strict-reset=true like you have been, but you may also need to add
the permissive option. After attempting to start sys-usb, also check to
see if there are any related messages in
/var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log.

--
- don't top post