While working on the script, I realized that a much simpler way of
achieving the goal of verifying that repomd hasn't been tampered with is to
just verify that the repomd.xml used for updating matches the onion version
(itself cross-checked against multiple HTTPS copies) before the update,
instead of comparing a list of installed packages against a parsed list of
available packages. This means I won't have to write something to parse
that list and makes the script much more compact.

Unfortunately, this seems to mean tinkering with qubes-dom0-update itself
and mandating the use of sys-whonix as the dom0 update VM instead of
writing a separate script to be run after the fact.