Andrew wrote:
>We're actually working on an announcement about this right now. Stay
tuned!

I see you're very much on top of things. Looking forward to it!

On Tuesday, 18 August 2020 at 21:14:07 UTC+8 awokd wrote:

> I imagine China's policy requiring real ID to use the Internet has
> Google salivating all over itself.
>
> --
> - don't top post
> - trim quoted reply to only relevant portions
> - when possible, copy and paste text instead of screenshots

If only Google actually had access to that market. For that reason, I'm far
more wary of Apple, since they seem eager to not offend the authorities so
their lucrative market access there isn't jepoardized.

Case in point: virtually all the major tech firms have suspended the
processing of requests by the Hong Kong government, Google being the
latest--even Microsoft. Apple is now the two trillion ton elephant in the
room (question: would a two trillion ton object the size of an elephant
collapse into a black hole?). Who knows what backdoor deals (pun completely
intended) it has with the Chinese government?

But then maybe Google has other channels to purchase and make use of
real-ID linked data from China. That, and Apple doesn't have a sprawling
web presence.

/rant