On 2020-09-20 14:24, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 9/20/20 2:08 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 9/19/20 11:16 PM, Jarrah wrote:

My question is, would some of the newer/faster AMD CPUs and chipsets
work with Qubes?

I can speak for the 2000 series working. I believe some people have
working 3000 series, but 4000 has been a serious issue. Not sure if
that's the CPU or the specific laptop.

https://qubes-os.discourse.group/t/qubes-support-on-amd-4000-series-lenovo-x13-t14/202/1

Based on the patches that have to be applied to get Qubes 4.1 working on Ryzen 4000, I'd say its a Qubes-vs-CPU compatibility issue and not about the computers' other specifics.

BTW the patches are already applied in the Qubes 4.1 repository; I don't want to imply you have to do that manually. And a 4.1 alpha may be coming really soon.

But getting Qubes 4.0 working on Ryzen 4000 appears unlikely.

But a Ryzen 3000 is a relatively safe bet?