On Fri, Oct 02, 2020 at 05:03:34PM +0200, roger paranoia wrote:
> Hello
>
> My qubes os system got stucked at "Started Accounts Service." and I want to
> backup the /home date on different qubes to an external usb medium.
>
> I've found this link:
> https://qubes-os.discourse.group/t/for-backing-up-data-how-to-connect-a-usb-drive-directly-to-dom0/324/3
>
> So that gives a me a clue that private volumes can be accessed and mounted.
> Where or on what directory are private volumes stored? How can I access
> them directly from a dom0 terminal? How can I mount them to a dom0
> directory?
>
> Thank you very much

You can find the private volumes under /dev/qubes_dom0.
You can mount them directly from there, (although these are actually
links to volumes under /dev/ itself. Try , e.g
ls -l /dev/qubes_dom0/vm-work-private .

You can simply mount these like you would mount *any* volume:
sudo mount /dev/qubes_dom0/vm-work-private  /mnt